1-Day Fun Field Trip Chicago
Day 1 You’ll See
- Willis Tower- Skydeck Chicago
- Navy Pier
- Lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co
- Oak Street Beach
- Millennium Park
- Chicago iFly
Spoil your group with this 1-day only fun field trip to the Windy City, the perfectly-sized adventure for a quick glance at all the entertaining things you can do in Chicago. On this trip your group will get to see the city from the sky, skydive without jumping out of a plane, and get the chance to ride that iconic Navy Pier Ferris Wheel. See important landmarks in Millennium Park and eat some truly rocking food at Chicago’s Hard Rock Cafe! Your group is going to thank you for this unbelievably fun field trip!
Willis Tower - Start your day full of Chicago adventure at Willis Tower, sometimes referred to as Skydeck Chicago, the premier corporate office building in Chicago that also serves as the current tallest building in the entire Western Hemisphere. Here you will experience museum-quality exhibits that highlight the tower, interactive educational attractions scattered about the viewing deck, and the opportunity to step out a little further over the city for those who are brave!
- The Ledge - The Ledge is a fully enclosed glass box that takes guests out 4.3 feet from the building, giving them never before seen views of the busy city 1,353 feet below their feet!
Navy Pier - Next stop, the Navy Pier, the #1 leisure destination in the Midwest! This premiere entertainment center is one of Chicago’s most important historical landmarks and allows guests from around the world to enjoy the natural beauty of the lakefront and urban beauty of the Chicago skyline. There is something fun for everyone here, so be sure to wear your walking shoes and get ready for some serious amusement!
- Amazing Chicago - Located directly in the middle of the pier, Amazing Chicago is the city’s only self-paced, full sensory funhouse maze, featuring 4,000 square feet of Chicago history!
- Navy Pier Park - Really let loose at the Navy Pier Park, the only spot where you can race remote control boats, play a round of mini-golf, take a swing on the Wave Swinger, or get that iconic city photo from the top of the iconic Ferris Wheel!
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co - Stop for lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, a famous resident of the Navy Pier that provides a casual environment where everyone can enjoy a great meal, have fun, and eat fresh seafood! Here you can have shrimp in every way imaginable, from grilled shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp gumbo….oh and this fishing boat-themed setting also doubles as a cinematic Forest Gump movie memorabilia headquarters!
- Food - Shrimp isn’t the only good thing here, try the award-winning Dixie style baby back ribs, lobster salad, or coconut breaded calamari!
- Souvenir Shop - Find all the best Forest Gump themed gifts, from soundtrack music and movie posters to shrimp seasoning straight from Lt. Dan!
Oak Street Beach - When the sun is high in the sky and you need a cool off from all the fun Chicago sightseeing head over to Oak Street Beach, a popular summer hotspot near Streeterville with a spectacular view of the city skyline. This is one of Chicago’s most popular and fashionable beaches, a less crowded, spacious boardwalk complete with plenty of recreation room and activities, as well as some of the best trails and city vistas! If the season isn’t right for a beach visit just replace this stop with the equally entertaining 13 block stretch of shopping and dining known as the Magnificent Mile!
- Recreation - Your group will find bike rentals, distance swimming tracks, volleyball courts, concrete running paths, a Chess pavilion, and even an inline skating area here at Oak Street Beaches’ spacious city-side location!
- Food - If anyone in your group gets hungry have no fear, there is a gorgeous scenic beachside restaurant with delicious American grub and amazing outdoor seating vistas.
Millennium Park - Spend your afternoon strolling around this state-of-the-art collection of architecture, landscape design, and art that serves as the backdrop for hundreds of free cultural programs daily! Your group will love this chance to people watch, see one of the city’s most popular public spaces, and immerse themselves into the local culture and city hustle and bustle!
- The Bean - Officially known as Cloud Gate, the aptly named Bean is a massive stainless steel city icon that provides a mirror like surface to see the city skyline in!
- Jay Pritzker Pavilion - The Pavilion is a famous outdoor bandshell known for it’s amazing eye-catching architecture and frequent free concerts. Your group may catch a play, public performance, live music, or fitness program happening here at any given time.
Chicago iFly - End your Chicago adventure with a bang, as you and your group get the chance to spend some time flying high in the first indoor skydiving facility in the state, as well as the most advanced wind tunnel in the region (1600 horsepower). Any adventurous souls, ages 3-103, can partake in and enjoy this thrilling skydiving experience, with a safe and controlled environment, so you don’t actually have to jump out of the plane to get the sensation!
- Training Course - Before you begin you will need to take a course teaching you the proper skydiving techniques, and you will also have the option of taking additional courses such as Marvel of Math, Engineering the Air, and many others!