2-Day Senior Celebration Trip Chicago
Day 1 You'll See:
Day 2 You’ll See:
12 years of schooling has led to this, graduation time! You’ve put in all the hard work, long man hours, and ‘study’ time, now it’s time to celebrate! Enjoy the big moment with a big trip to Chicago, the Windy City with so much to do! Spend your morning at the famed Navy Pier, explore one of the tallest buildings in the city, and spend the afternoon exploring a world-class museum! You’re going to love this two day adventure in Chicago!
Navy Pier - Start your senior celebration off the right way with a visit to the #1 leisure destination in the Midwest, the highly popular Navy Pier. This premiere entertainment center is a place where local residents and visitors from around the world come to experience the natural beauty of the lakefront, the marvel of the Chicago skyline, and the fun of the Pier all in one destination!
- Navy Pier Park - Ride the Ferris Wheel, play some mini golf, or take a swing on the Wave Swinger at this mini carnival.
- Polk Bros Park - Enjoy the beauty of this new park entry, an impressive green space and winter ice rink!
- Crystal Gardens - This indoor botanical garden is a sprawling 1 acre, 6 story glass atrium that holds tons of live palm trees and tropical plants, as well as gorgeous leaping fountains.
- Amazing Chicago - Spend some time in the dizzying fun house maze that is self-paced, full sensory, and history packed!
Seadog Extreme - Are you ready for a heart-pumping, extreme thrill inducing, jet-propelled experience like no other? Seadog Extreme is the most exhilarating way to tour the Windy City, splashing you with that cold Chicago water as you speed through the city skyline with the most horsepower on the water! Enjoy the blur of the most famous landmarks through full throttle slalom runs, sharp twists, and dizzying turns!
- Architecture Tour - A slower, more comprehensive tour of the cities most famous buildings from the water, such as Water Tower, Trump, and Willis Tower.
- Speedboat Tour - A not so extreme, but still very fun, tour of the shoreline delights of Chicago.
- Seadog EXTREME - The fastest and most fun way to see the city! Enjoy the two 1400 horsepower engines as you take in the sights!
360 Chicago - Welcome to the 4th tallest building in Chicago, the place to take in the absolute best views of the city, lakes, and beyond! Here at 360 Chicago, previously the Hancock Observatory, you can see the Magnificent Mile from 1,000 feet above, glimpse four states into the distance, and even see the water beyond Lake Michigan!
- Tilt - Thrilling new feature that takes you outward from the building, downward toward the Magnificent Mile below at a 30 degree angle!
- Architects Corner and Bar - Stop at the amazing architectural wonder of the 94th floor cafe, the home of really delicious food and even more delicious views.
Historic Water Tower - Looking a bit out of place as a gorgeous older stone structure in a fast paced glass city, the Historic Water Tower is often overlooked to tourists, but is one of the most familiar and treasured landmarks for locals. Inside this historic landmark you will find a City Gallery, containing what the city considers to be the premier photography collection.
- Athens and Oraibi- The current photography display in the gallery, a collection exploring an art historian's concept of simultaneity by focusing on overlooked structures and forms.
Millennium Park - Start your second day of Chicago adventures out with a great breakfast and an even greater stroll through Millennium Park, the state-of-the-art collection of architecture, landscape design, and art that serves as the backdrop for hundreds of free cultural programs weekly. Locals and tourists alike love this lively and spectacular gathering spot!
- Cloud Gate - More commonly known as ‘the bean’, this iconic Chicago landmark is a great photo opportunity spot, perfectly capturing the city skyline in it’s mirror like surface!
- Lurie Gardens - The 5-acre birth spot of the concept of ‘urbs in horto’, or city in a garden. A true urban oasis featuring gorgeous perennials, bridges, and shallow pools.
- Jay Pritzker Pavilion - The architecturally famous outdoor band shell in which you can catch many free concerts, programs, and workout events.
Museum Campus - Your Choice - Museum Campus is a 57-acre expanse of land near Lake Michigan that holds 3 of the city's most popular and highly visited world-class natural science museums. Take your pick of any of the museums listed below, and trust us, there is no wrong choice here!
- Field Museum - Field Museum of Natural History holds 4.6 billion years of history under one roof and allows you to ‘travel around the world and back in time’ all at once!
- Shedd Aquarium - Shedd Aquarium holds a diverse, global animal collection and provides award-winning hands-on exhibits and learning activities.
- Adler Planetarium - As America’s first planetarium, Adler really immerses its guests into the scientific space world and beyond, a truly fun scientific experience!