2-Day Entertainment Expedition Chicago
Day 1 You’ll See:
Day 2 You’ll See:
Get ready for an extremely entertaining 2-days in Chicago with this specially designed ‘fun’ trip for older students. On this 2-Day Entertainment Expedition your students will get to see all the most iconic city landmarks, most popular entertainment hotspots, and most fun Windy City activities possible! This trip will provide many unforgettable memories that your students will thank you for for months to come!
On this trip you will have the opportunity to see the city from the sea, see the city from the sky, and see the city from the iconic Ferris Wheel on Navy Pier. Visit your favorite Chicago sporting teams home field, experience indoor skydiving, and see the Blue Man Group amaze audiences with vibrant performances. You will have time to lay about the beach and shop the afternoon away on this trip as well, the perfect variety of Chicago fun that is guaranteed to make everybody in your group happy.
Seadog Extreme - What better way to start your fun Chicago getaway than with this wet and wild extreme thrill ride off of the Navy Pier! This intense jet-propelled experience will exhilarate your group with top speeds and the most horsepower on the water, your trip complete with rock-n-roll music, full-throttle slalom runs, and full 360 degree spins!
- Architecture Tour - While this tour isn’t as, well, extreme as the original, it is gaining wide popularity as it takes guests past the most famous buildings in Chicago, providing intimate glimpses of the structures from the shore!
Magnificent Mile - Your next stop will send you to retail therapy paradise as you spend the morning exploring this 13-block, full mile stretch of shopping, dining, and landmarks special to Chicago. This ultimate chicago experience is one of the greatest avenues of the world and is considered to be at the center of all that makes Chicago such a popular international destination.
- Shopping - See an amazing showcase of style, flavor, and fun as you journey around the over 460 stores, from Coach and Burberry to Macy’s and Hershey's.
- Dining - The eateries here provide a melting pot of global flavors and will be sure to please even the pickiest of eaters, offering everything from ethnic and gourmet to casual and fast-food.
Soldier Field/ Wrigley Field - Spend your afternoon at one of two popular sporting locations here in Chicago, the Bears Soldier Field or the Cubs Wrigley Field! At both you will have the opportunity to tour the complex, see teams practicing in season, and maybe even catch a live game!
- Soldier Field - The oldest NFL stadium and home of the Chicago Bears will offer your group great behind the scenes tours as well as access to the largest veterans memorial outside of Washington D.C.
- Wrigley Field - Wrigley has been the host to major league baseball for for 101 seasons now and has been the home of the Chicago Cubs for 99 of those seasons! Stroll through the Friendly Confines and take part in interactive educational tours while here!
Chicago iFly - If you’ve ever wanted to feel the rush of skydiving without actually having the courage to jump from a plane this next stop is perfect for you, offering the safest and most fun indoor skydiving experience imaginable. Here you will find the most advanced wind tunnel technology and get to experience the thrill of free falling within the confines of wall to wall cushions of air!
- Classes - While here your group will have the opportunity to take any of the many classes, from beginner training to professional tricks to math or engineering related air calculation courses!
Blue Man Group - The Blue Man Group will end your day nicely at the Briar Street Theater, a show that combines music, technology, and comedy to create a form of entertainment that defies categorization and appeals to people of all ages. Your group will really enjoy this innovative, energetic, and wildly entertaining show of color, music, and science, especially if you sit in the ‘splash zone’ in which ponchos are required!
- Briar Street Theater Tour - While here your group may want to take advantage of the opportunity to tour this historic theater, an intimate and beautifully designed space that used to be used as city stables.
Willis Tower- Skydeck Chicago - Start your second day 1,353 feet up in the air as you visit the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, Willis Tower (Skydeck Chicago). This premier corporate office building holds a popular viewing platform on the 103rd floor with museum-quality exhibits that highlight the tower and city itself.
- The Ledge - The Ledge is a fully enclosed glass box that sits 4.3 feet out of Skydeck into the open air, providing never before seen views of the city beneath your feet!
Navy Pier - The Navy Pier is the #1 leisure destination in the entire Midwest, the premiere and extremely lively meeting spot that allows locals and tourists alike to appreciate the natural lakeside beauty and urban city skyline beauty all at once. Here you can ride rides, visit onsite museums and gardens, or spend time shopping and eating!
- Navy Pier Park - Catch the city from the top of the Ferris Wheel, ride the Wave Swinger, race remote control boats, or play a round of mini golf at this park!
- Crystal Gardens - Stroll through this 1-acre, indoor, 6-story glass atrium botanic garden that is complete with live palm, tropical foliage, and sparkling leaping fountains throughout.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co- Here you can find grilled shrimp, coconut shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp gumbo . . . and everything else Lt. Dan ever dreamed of.
Oak Street Beach - If the weather is permitting you should delight in the opportunity to spend an afternoon at the beach! This beach is a popular summer hotspot, one of Chicago’s most popular and fashionable beaches while at the same time being one of the most beautiful and spacious beaches. Enjoy the amenities and recreation opportunities abound here at Oak Street while taking in that gorgeous city skyline just feet away!
- Food - If you’re hungry at all you should take advantage of the onsite eatery here, a scenic beachside restaurant with American grub and unbeatable outdoor views.
- Recreation - Visit the Chess Pavilion, join a volleyball tournament, hike the Lakefront Trail, try inline skating, rent a bike, distance swim, or play some frisbee or football in the sand while here!