3-Day Exploration Trip Chicago
Day 2 You’ll See:
Day 3 You’ll See:
Your hard-working middle schoolers deserve a fun and educational break, and what better place to take them than the historically, architecturally, and educationally rich hands-on city of Chicago? This three day trip will allow your students to see the best mix of all the top educational spots in the city plus all of the most fun and iconic city hotspots. Popular eateries and communities will be visited and many unforgettable memories will be made!
Field Museum - You’ve just made it to the Windy City and your students have so much excited energy, where should you take them? How about the Field Museum, a natural history museum that allows its guest to travel around the world and back in time all at once! Here your group can explore over 4.6 billion years of history, all under one roof!
- Underground Adventure - This exhibit gives your group a bug's-eye view as you metaphorically shrink down to 1/100th of your size and explore the immersive environment of worm tunnels and soil chambers.
- SUE - SUE the T Rex is the largest, most well-preserved and most complete T Rex skeleton in a museum, measuring to 42 feet long and 13 feet tall. Snap a photo with this 58-toothed museum icon!
Magnificent Mile - The Magnificent Mile is the premier spot in Chicago to take your group shopping, sightseeing, and dining. This 13-block, 1 square mile stretch of shopping is considered to be one of the greatest avenues in the world and is at the center of all that makes Chicago an international destination.
- Shopping - Enjoy all the best big-city shopping adventures in stores such as Coach, Burberry, Macy’s, and H&M. Students will love the opportunity to step inside the Hershey’s store or the iconic Park Shop!
- Dining - This is the best spot to find gourmet, ethnic, casual, and fast food. You can also try samples in the chocolate stores and find city snacks throughout the mile!
Hard Rock Cafe - Enjoy dinner on the corner of Clark and Ontario, in the heart of Chicago’s River North community at the Hard Rock Cafe. Here your group will find an eatery known worldwide for featuring funky styles and great food, all tied together with the best music history and memorabilia.
- Rock Shop - The Rock Shop is the best place to find Chicago souvenirs, apparel, and and unique gifts commemorating your Windy City visit.
- Dining - Hard Rock is known for their legendary burgers, but here you can also get any dish with the flavors of Chicago dashed into the recipe!
Adler Planetarium - Start your second day off right at America’s first planetarium, the Adler Planetarium. Here your group will see various immersive sky shows in 3-full sized theaters that will allow them to better understand our universe and world. Enjoy daily programs, events, and special exhibits while exploring this educational facility.
- Cafe Galileo's - This is the perfect spot inside the planetarium to grab some lunch, with a menu featuring delicious soups and sandwiches. Brain food!
- Telescope Observation - Every day at the planetarium there is a public use telescope open for you to explore the heavens and beyond. You won’t want to miss this opportunity!
Shedd Aquarium - Continue your educational adventure at Shedd Aquarium, the diverse, global collection of animals that is surrounded by eye-popping architecture in Chicago’s museum campus. Your group will see over 32,000 different animals within the myriad of award-winning exhibits and in-depth activities throughout the facility.
- Caribbean Reef - This 90,000 gallon tank is the perfect way to get a quick 360 degree tour of the reef community and see creatures such as green sea turtles, moray eels, stingrays, and sharks!
- Rice Amphitheatre - Splash into the action on the big screen in this exciting and immersive 4D theater experience, currently featuring a popular Spongebob show.
Navy Pier - The Navy Pier is the #1 leisure destination in the Midwest, with over 9 million visitors annually visiting it’s carnival-like atmosphere. This is a place where your group can come and experience the natural beauty of the Lakefront, the urban beauty of the iconic skyline, and the simple beauty of having fun!
- Navy Pier Park - With a grand reopen planned for 2016, this fun park features the iconic Ferris Wheel, the Wave Swinger, mini golf, and the Light Tower Ride!
- Amazing Chicago - In the middle of the pier you will find a funhouse maze that is full of full sensory exhibits on the history of the city, the perfect mix of fun and education!
- Crystal Gardens - This 1-acre, indoor botanical garden features 6-story’s of glass atrium space holding live palm, tropical foliage, and leaping fountains.
Willis Tower - Willis Tower, also called Skydeck, is the iconic Chicago skyline feature presentation that is considered to be the tallest building in the entire Western Hemisphere. Your group is really going to love the views of the city from 103 floors up in the sky!
- The Ledge - This unique enclosed glass box provides never before seen views of the city below from 1,353 feet high. Bring your camera and if you’re afraid of heights, don’t look down!
Giordano’s - Eat dinner at the place in the city with the absolute best ‘Chicago Style Pizza’, Giordano’s! This eatery started when Mama Giordano shared her recipe for stuffed pizza to Chicago’s south side in 1974. Over the next 40 years hundreds of critics agreed upon it being the best, and thousands of customers have agreed!
- Food - Get ready to experience the best Chicago pizza invented, as well as fresh salads, outstanding pastas, and unique sandwiches, all the freshest and most authentic Italian cuisine!
Museum of Science and Industry - It’s your last day in Chicago and you want to make it count, so start the morning off at a city essential stop, the Museum of Science and Industry. Here your group will experience one of the largest science museums in the world, home to over 35,000 artifacts and 400,000 square feet of hands-on exhibits.
- Brain Food Court - The Brain Food Court is a great spot to fuel up on brain fuel, with a wide variety of eating options that is sure to please even the pickiest eater in your group!
- Omnimax Theater - This 5-story theater has the capacity to seat 800 guests in its auditorium and shows the most exciting and immersive science programs daily.
Chicago Chinatown - Welcome to one of the largest and most vibrant ethnic communities in North America, the eclectic community that offers a glimpse into the customs, traditions, and rich culture of one of the oldest civilizations in the world, Chinatown.
- Shopping - This is a culture of haggling, so be prepared to make some deals as you shop all the herb, arts, crafts, fashion, and food shops in the street-lined open market.
- Dining - Your group will get the most authentic ethnic cuisine they can while here, all the eateries featuring spices, sesame oil, and Dim Sum galore.
- Landmarks - Before you leave this community be sure to check out all the elaborately detailed culture icons, such as the Chinatown Pavilion, Dragon Column Monuments, or popular Nine Dragon Wall.