4-Day Educational Expedition Trip Chicago
Day 2 You’ll See:
Day 3 You’ll See:
Day 4 You’ll See:
4 days full of Chicago sights, sounds, and gorgeous iconic skyline awaits your group as you enjoy a fun getaway full of education! Get all the most important historical information, cultural trivia, and city facts as you travel and tour all the best spots and sites around the Windy City. Your group will love the opportunities they will have to see all the world-class museums, learning centers, and tour lines the city provides, giving them the absolute best immersive experience possible.
Spend a day at the Lincoln Park Zoo, a touch of nature in the big city, or the Museum of Science and Industry, one of the biggest science museums in the world. You will have the chance to spend some time on the Navy Pier, as well as in the tallest building in this hemisphere, Willis Tower. The options for fun and learning on this trip are endless, making it the perfect 4 day getaway!
Chicago Neighborhood Tour - This 4.5 hour tour combines bus travel and foot travel into one of the best and most comprehensive tours in the entire city. Once you’ve chosen which tour you’d like to take (out of 22) you will be taken around to the distinct communities you’re interested in, from Ukrainian to Chinese to Puerto Rican!
- The City that Trains Built - This tour puts important city history on rails and provides a unique and fun way to look at trains, tourism, and terminals.
- People’s Republic of Oak Park - Located in an active arts community, this tour is full of galleries, shops, and restaurants in the heart of a fun and diverse neighborhood.
- Epicurious Chicago - This ethnic food filled tour paints on a vivid cultural tapestry for your more mature students.
Art Institute of Chicago - You can easily get lost in this 8 building, 300,000 piece collection of iconic art ranging from modern local creations to classic masterpieces by Dali, Matisse, and Picasso, but would that be such a bad thing? Enjoy one of the country’s largest art museums, a must see for all ages and interests!
- Research Library - This research library is one of the finest for art and architecture in the entire country, making it a must stop in the museum!
- Tours - The art institute provides professor guided tours to get the most information, including optional special lectures and dining options.
Willis Tower - Welcome to Willis Tower, the premier corporate office building in Chicago that is also the iconic building known as the tallest in the entire Western Hemisphere. With museum-quality exhibits highlighting the tower itself and the city of Chicago in general, this spot is the perfect mix of thrill and education!
- The Ledge - This feature is a fully enclosed glass box that retracts into the building, giving you a never before seen view of the city from 1,353 feet up in the air!
Federal Reserve - Do you ever wonder what banks do with all their extra money? Well have no fear, the money museum, or Federal Reserve is here to answer your questions! The Federal Reserve of Chicago is one of 12 regional reserve banks across the nation and provides financial services to depositories within the district!
- Tour - This 30 minute, detailed tour gives you information about the historical currency collection and functions/responsibilities of the reserve, followed by an in depth q&a session.
- Scavenger Hunt - Play along in this money based hunt as you search around items such as a cube of million dollar bills as large as a EZ Boy recliner!
Lincoln Park Zoo - Spend your afternoon at the wildest spot in Chicago, the ‘world of wildlife in the shadow of skyscrapers’! This zoo is dedicated to bringing the people of the city closer to nature, providing the highest quality of animal care, education, science, and conservation every step of the way.
- Lionel Trains - Give your feet a rest and hop on board the iconic model train with 28 seats, as you ride through the forests, bridges, and canyons of the park.
- Dining - Fuel up after a long day with the Patio at Cafe Brauer, one of the many eateries within the zoo, providing the best panoramic views of the restored ecosystem of the park!
Grant Park - Start your third day of Chicago educational experiences in ‘Chicago’s Front Yard’, the 319 acres of central business district that includes performance venues, gardens, art work, sporting events, harbor facilities, and important annual events. It is also the home of Museum Campus and Millennium Park!
- Buckingham Fountain - This iconic fountain is a monumental focal point that was built to protect the beautiful lakefront views, one of the world’s largest rococo light and water fountains.
- Festivals - This site is home to some of the nation's largest music festivals and important annual events, such as Lollapalooza and presidential inaugural speeches (Obama 08).
Field Museum - At Field Museum you’ll be able to take in 4.6 billion years of history all in one spot, as you travel around the world and back in time, exploring the over 20 million specimen from the earliest fossils to the most recent cultural artifacts. This museum is actually one of the greatest natural history museums in the world!
- Evolving Planet - This is the spot to find out how our planet has changed in 4.6 billion years, and it even features the largest, best preserved, most complete T Rex skeleton around, called SUE the T Rex!
- Tsavo Lions - Explore the environment of Africa’s notorious man-eating lions of Tsavo, a unique and thrilling interactive exhibit you won’t want to miss!
Shedd Aquarium - America’s first aquarium is home to a diverse, global animal collection that is surrounded by eye-popping architecture worthy of notice. This stately marble building will immerse your group in fun aquatic facts as you explore the 32,000 different animals and award-winning exhibits throughout!
- Caribbean Reef - Get a quick 360 degree tour of a true reef community as you stroll around this 90,000 gallon tank full of sharks, eels, and stingray!
- Rice Amphitheater - Check out the latest immersive experience in this splashing fun 4D theater, popular currently for it’s Spongebob big screen adventures!
Magnificent Mile - Make sure you wear your walking shoes as you embark on a journey down this 13 block, full mile stretch of the best shopping, dining, and iconic landmarks in the entire city. Known as one of the greatest shopping avenues in the world, this is the perfect place for some gourmet dining or retail therapy!
- Dining - There is literally something for everybody here on the Magnificent Mile, from culturally authentic ethnic food to fancy gourmet dining, from fast food to sit-down casual.
- Shopping - If Chanel, Burberry, and Coach don’t grab your attention you can head over to Macy’s, H&M, or any of the hundreds of departments stores or boutiques on the mile!
Museum of Science and Industry - Welcome to one of the largest science museums in the world, home to over 35,000 artifacts and 400,000 square feet of hands-on exhibits designed to spark scientific inquiry and creativity. Your group will love the word-class immersive activities and presentations, plus they’ll be learning the whole time!
- Omnimax Theater - Catch the latest great scientific presentation in this 5-story, domed theater that allows science to come alive!
- Brain Food Court - Fuel up on brain food in this expansive on site food court, providing almost anything for your group to eat!
Navy Pier- What is a trip to Chicago without stopping at the iconic Navy Pier, the #1 leisure destination in the Midwest? The Navy Pier provides a great, carnival-like public gathering spot and entertainment hotspot that allows guests to enjoy the natural lakeside beauty and urban city skyline beauty all in one spot!
- Crystal Gardens - This 1-acre indoor botanical garden is contained within a 6-story glass atrium, full of live palm, tropical foliage, and leaping fountains!
- Polk Bros Park - The newest addition to the park will provide an excellent green space and winter ice rink!
- Navy Pier Park - Let loose and have some fun as you choose between the Wave Swinger, Mini Golf, or that iconic Chicago Ferris Wheel!
Shoreline Sightseeing Tours - These water tours help you explore the rich history, famous architecture, and iconic skyline of Chicago, the perfect way to end your trip! Your group can choose between 10 different touring vessels, 9 water taxis, and a handful of different themed tours. Enjoy these unique views from the water!
- Lake Route - This route takes you by the most popular learning centers, including world-class museums, aquariums, and planetariums!
- River Route - You will see the major hubs of activity in the city such as the Navy Pier and Willis Tower if you travel by river!
- Architecture Tour - Gaining the most recent popularity is the architecture tour, showing your group over 40 iconic buildings along the shoreline.