3-Day Senior Adventure Trip Chicago
Day 2 You’ll See:
Day 3 You’ll See:
After all that hard work getting to senior year you undoubtedly deserve a break, and what better place to take a break than in the city with the best skyline, best lakeside shorelines, and absolute best landmark lineup in the Midwest! Enjoy your graduation celebration with plenty of sightseeing, shopping, and simple good ol’ fashion fun as you explore the Windy City. Spend some time high above the city at 360 Chicago, take in the best landscape and landmarks at the iconic Millennium Park, or spend your day letting loose and screaming your lungs out at Six Flags Great America! On this fun-filled 3 day adventure you will have the chance to ride coasters, ride boats, and ride a slightly unsettling glass wall into a downward angle towards the city. What more could you ask for?
Millennium Park - Begin your celebration vacation with a wonderful stroll in Millennium Park, the premier Chicago green space that holds an iconic collection of public art, landscape design, and architecture. This spectacular gathering space is one of our nation’s largest urban parks, sitting at 25 acres and offering your group plenty of things to do and see!
- Jay Pritzker Pavilion - This is one of Chicago’s premier outdoor concert venues, a locally loved and architecturally admired band shell that hosts a plethora of annual concerts and events.
- Cloud Gate - Also known as ‘the bean, this iconic mirror-like surface is the perfect spot to take a photo of the city skyline and experience Chicago up close and personal!
- Lurie Gardens - The urban oasis that takes pride in the city motto ‘urbs in horto’, or city in a garden, comprised of 5 acres of gorgeous landscaping and flourishing perennials.
Magnificent Mile - This 13-block stretch (1 actual full mile) of shopping in the heart of Chicago is the perfect place to get the ultimate Chicago experience, one of the greatest avenues in the world that showcases Chicago’s style, flavor, entertainment, and fun all in one street!
- Dining - All that shopping is going to work up an appetite, so be sure to check out the many local eateries on this street, from gourmet to casual, tackling every taste bud in between. Some favorites include Burrito Beach and Beatrix!
- Shopping - H&M, True Religion, Tommy Bahama, Burberry, Chanel, Coach . . . where do you begin? Shop it all, or window shop it all, and find anything you could possibly need here on the best mile of shopping in the Midwest!
360 Chicago - Craving the best views of this iconic city skyline from a different angle? You’ll love 360 Chicago’s view of Magnificent Mile from 1,000 feet up! You’ll be able to see downtown perfectly, the shoreline and lakes beyond Michigan quite well, as well as almost 4 states into the distance from this amazing vantage point!
- Tilt - This thrilling new part of 360 Chicago allows guests to stand in a glass enclosure and hold their breath as it tilts them downward toward the Mile at a 30 degree angle!
- Architects Corner and Bar - Also known by some as the 94th Floor Cafe, this sky high eatery provides the best food and drinks to pair with the best view, two things you must take part in in the Windy City.
Historic Water Tower - Once a thriving municipal water pumping system for the city, this beautiful old stone structure amidst a striking glass city serves as one of the most recognized and cherished Chicago icons in the whole city. Admire the architecture from outside, or head upstairs to view the City Gallery, one of the greatest places to view photographic art in the city of Chicago.
- Athens and Oraibi - This current popular photography exhibit examines the art historian perspective on the matter of simultaneity, by covering in depth with camera unused structures and forms around the artist.
Six Flags Great America - Your second day of Chicago adventure is all about fun, as your group spends the entire day in one of the top leisure and entertainment spots in the city (technically Gurnee), Six Flags Great America! Here your group can ride the world’s tallest, steepest, and fastest wooden roller coaster, the Goliath, as well as take part in tons of entertainment, thrill, and water-soaked adventures throughout the park!
- Hurricane Harbor - This wet and wild portion of the park holds 20 acres of soaking entertainment, from lazy river float trips to scream-inducing body slides!
- Concerts - Check out the theater in the park, there is usually a daily/weekly concert, event, or festival happening somewhere within this sprawling funzone!
- Dining - Head over to Famous Famiglia’s Pizza, Water in the Hole, or Angelo’s Pasta when your stomach starts to growl. There are many more eateries and concessions throughout the park as well, just choose the type of food you’re craving and go find it!
Navy Pier - Wake up and smell the seagulls, as your group heads over to the #1 leisure destination in the entire city, the famous Navy Pier. This is a place where locals and visitors alike from around the world come to experience the beauty of the lakefront and Chicago skyline, all while having a great time with some of the best food, recreation, and landmarks!
- Navy Pier Park - Let your inner kid loose at the mini-golf course, ride the day away on the Wave Swinger, or get in that perfect city skyline selfie from the top of the iconic Ferris Wheel here in the park!
- Crystal Gardens - ‘City in a Garden’ never felt so true, as you step into the 6-story, glass atrium filled with live palms, tropical foliage, and fun leaping fountains.
- Polk Bros Park - The newest addition to the Pier, Polk Bros Park doubles as a gorgeous summer green space and wonderful winter ice rink! You’ll even see outdoor art galore.
Seadog Extreme - Get a little wild with this splashing good time on the Seadog Extreme. Zip past the most iconic city buildings and landmarks at 45 mph in one of the most unique, yet exhilarating, water tours in the entire city. Rock and roll, city history, and cool Michigan Lake mist all help make this tour the best part of your vacation!
- Seadog EXTREME - The vessel with the most horsepower on the water, enjoy these two 1400 horse powered engines as you rip through the city shoreline.
- Speedboat Tour - Less intense than the Seadog, but just as fun, as you take in the city’s most popular places from a slower moving vessel, with plenty of time to take in the sites!
- Architecture Tour - A quickly growing fan favorite, this tour takes you past the famous Chicago city structures, buildings, and architectural spots of interest, with fun narration along the ride!
Shedd Aquarium - End your day with a relaxing stroll through this diverse, global animal collection, 32,000 in all, as you explore all the award-winning exhibits and hands-on activities that allow you to learn about these aquatic animals in a completely immersive and highly entertaining way.
- Caribbean Reef - Take a quick 360 degree tour of the reef community with this 90,000 gallon tank featuring green sea turtles, moray eels, stingrays, hogfish, and sharks.
- Rice Amphitheatre - Be truly entertained and really get into the action here, with various 4D presentations featuring immersive water misting, leg ticklers, and back pokes! Currently you can enjoy an underwater adventure with Spongebob and Patrick.