4-Day Senior Getaway Trip Chicago
Day 2 You’ll See:
Day 3 You’ll See:
Day 4 You’ll See:
The Windy City welcomes you with open arms as you celebrate that big day, graduation day! Chicago is the perfect place for a senior class trip, offering your highly accomplished group everything from educational odysseys at some of the finest museums in the nation to a screaming good time at the area's top leisure and entertainment parks and piers! You’ll be able to tour the city and catch all the sites, sounds, and skyline views you can handle as you immerse yourself in this fun city. You’ll have the opportunity to catch a show with the famous Blue Man Group, spend a day on the world's tallest, fastest, and steepest wooden roller coaster at Six Flags, or lose yourself in the magnificent shopping district stretching a mile in the heart of downtown Chicago! Whatever you do on this 4 day getaway, you’re going to have the time of your life and make memories you’ll cherish forever!
Navy Pier - Get ready to start your Chicago celebration with a bang, here at the #1 leisure destination in the entire Midwest, the iconic Chicago Navy Pier. 9 million visitors come here annually to experience the natural beauty of the lakefront, the urban beauty of the city skyline, and the fun experience on the pier that is incomparable to any other!
- Crystal Gardens - Find your inner peace here at this world-class, 1 -acre indoor botanical garden. This 6-story glass atrium is full of live palms, tropical foliage, and gorgeous leaping fountains!
- Polk Bros Park - The newest addition to the Navy Pier brings a premier green space that doubles as a winter ice skating rink, the perfect outdoor gathering space!
- Navy Pier Park - This is the portion of the pier where you can really let loose and have fun! Take a ride on the Wave Swinger, take in the views from the top of the iconic Ferris Wheel, or beat your friends in a round of mini golf on the green!
Seadog Extreme - With daily departures from the Navy Pier, this extreme thrill ride of a tour allows you to see the biggest and best sites in Chicago from the comfort of a heavily horse powered, rock and roll blaring, guest splashing lake vessel called the Seadog Extreme!
- Architecture Tour - This is a less adventurous tour also offered by Seadog, jam packed full of Chicago’s most iconic buildings, structures, and landmarks. You’ll get great historical and informational narration the whole way!
- Speedboat Tour - A tuned down version of the extreme tour, this speedboat takes you a little slower through the fantastic Michigan Lake shoreline, providing the same rock and roll with a little more comprehensive view of the landmarks!
Shedd Aquarium - This stately marble building holds a diverse collection of aquatic animals from around the world, 32,000 in all! Here you will have the chance to immerse yourself into an aquatic world of fun, learning tons about our water-filled world while truly having fun!
- Caribbean Reef - This is the perfect spot to get a 360 degree tour of a real reef community, a bustling tropical tank filled with 90,000 gallons of water.
- Rice Amphitheater - Catch an immersive undersea adventure with Spongebob and the gang in this state-of-the-art 4D theater, complete with water misters and leg ticklers!
Six Flags Great America - Spend your entire day exploring the 9 differently themed sections of the thrilling Six Flags Great America! This popular Chicago Metropolitan area theme park is one of the top entertainment hot spots in the city and holds the world’s tallest, steepest, and fastest wooden roller coaster, the Goliath!
- Hurricane Harbor - This 20-acre water park holds everything you need to get wet and wild, from thrilling free-fall body slides to man-eating inner tube rides that will leave you wanting more!
- Dining - You can find almost anything you’re craving here at Six Flags, from Famous Famiglia’s Pizza or Italian salads, to greasy American style cheeseburgers!
- Entertainment - Be sure to check out the theater, with frequent popular concerts, annual events, and festivals happening daily!
Millennium Park - Start your third day off with a stroll through the state-of-the-art collection of architecture, landscape design, and art that is known as Millennium Park. This lively social gathering spot serves as the backdrop for hundreds of free cultural programs, concerts, exhibits, and tours daily!
- Cloud Gate - Also known as the Bean, this iconic Chicago landmark allows you to take that perfect selfie of city skyline photo, it’s mirror-like ‘liquid mercury’ designed surface drawing crowds from all over the world.
- Jay Pritzker Pavilion - This popular outdoor band shell is the site of many popular concerts and is globally revered for its stunning futuristic architecture.
- Lurie Garden - Escape the hustle and bustle of the city with this gorgeous perennial garden sitting on 5 lush acres. Enjoy the tall wall-like hedges protecting the foliage, bridges, and fountains within!
360 Chicago - Get ready to take in the best views of Chicago from 1,000 feet up as you travel 96 floors up to breathtaking panoramic views locals and tourists alike fall in love with. See downtown, the shoreline and lakes beyond Michigan, and even 4 states into the distance on a clear day from here!
- Tilt - This new and thrilling feature allows guests to stand in a glass enclosure as they are slowly tilted downward at a 30 degree angle, immersing them into the hustle and bustle of the Magnificent Mile below!
- 94th Floor Cafe - This cafe, the Architects Corner and Bar, is home to truly great food to go with those truly great views!
Magnificent Mile - Welcome to the absolute best mile of shopping in the city, and probably the entire Midwest region. Here at Magnificent Mile you can get the ultimate Chicago experience as you travel down one of the greatest avenues of the world and take part in some of the best shopping, dining, and landmarks in the city!
- Shopping - If Chanel, Coach, and Burberry aren’t your thing head to Macy’s or the Gap, this shopping district will suit whatever your style and wallet size happen to be!
- Dining - If all that shopping works up an appetite have no fear, the eateries on this street will tackle every taste bud, with food from casual to ethnic to gourmet! Try the popular Burrito Beach or Beatrix if you can’t decide!
Historic Water Tower - A true dwarf among giants, this gorgeous stone structure surrounded by glass and concrete is an important piece of Chicago history, one of the most familiar and treasured landmarks by locals. What once served as a municipal water pumping station now serves as a historical reminder of resilience, as well as a City Art Gallery used for photography.
- Athens and Oraibi - This current exhibit features an art historian's take on the concept of simultaneity and focuses on unused structures and landmarks.
Blue Man Group - The Blue Man Group will get your blood pumping as you settle in for an entertainment event like no other! This performance combines music, technology, and comedy to create a form of entertainment that defies categorization and appeals to people of all ages and backgrounds! Get ready for one innovative, energetic, and wildly entertaining show!
- Dining - Get the whole experience of dinner and a show and stop by close-by eateries such as the highly popular Giordano’s, Mia Francesca, or Hard Rock Cafe before or after your visit to fill your tummy!
Museum of your choice - Museum Campus is a 57-acre expanse of land on premier Chicago space that holds several world-class museums for you to enjoy. Take your choice between these popular natural science, astronomy, and industrial science museums to fulfill all your educational desires.
- Field Museum - Field Museum is the premier natural history museum that allows guests to travel back in time and around the world with their world-class hands-on and immersive exhibits.
- Adler Planetarium - As America’s first planetarium, Adler strives to be the best educational experience exploring the outer realm of our world. Enjoy the immersive dome shows and live sky watches within!
- Museum of Science and Industry - The Museum of Science and Industry is the perfect place to get in touch with your curious side, being one of the largest and most comprehensive science museums in the world.
Untouchables Tour - You’re going to end your trip with Chicago’s original gangster tour, see? You’re going to experience this city as it was in the 20’s and 30’s, see, and you’re going to see all the best gambling dens, shootout sites, brothels, and street hideouts as you hear about Capone, Jazz, and the prohibition era, see?
Dining - Before or after the tour you will have many dining options, ranging from Maggiano's Little Italy to the Rainforest Cafe, to McDonald's!