1-Day Fun Field Trip Chicago
Day 1 You’ll See:
- Willis Tower- Skydeck Chicago
- Magnificent Mile
- Navy Pier
- Oak Street Beach
- Millennium Park
- Hard Rock Cafe
If your hard working students deserve a break but you don’t have much time to give them that break during your busy school year this is the perfect trip for you! This quick, 1-day, jam-packed with entertainment and fun getaway to the Windy City allows your group to let loose, relax, and have some fun in one of the United States most prominent cityscapes. Get the opportunity to see the city below from the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, ride iconic rides at the Navy Pier, and splash the day away at the popular Oak Street Beach. You will rock out at dinner at the Hard Rock and get the opportunity to see many Chicago landmarks along the way!
Willis Tower - Start your day full of Chicago adventure at Willis Tower, sometimes referred to as Skydeck Chicago, the premier corporate office building in Chicago that also serves as the current tallest building in the entire Western Hemisphere. Here you will experience museum-quality exhibits that highlight the tower, interactive educational attractions scattered about the viewing deck, and the opportunity to step out a little further over the city for those who are brave!
- The Ledge - The Ledge is a fully enclosed glass box that takes guests out 4.3 feet from the building, giving them never before seen views of the busy city 1,353 feet below their feet!
Magnificent Mile - Get ready to get the most serious retail therapy shopping session you’ve ever had as you embark on a late morning journey down the 13-block, full mile stretch of shopping and dining known as Magnificent Mile. See what makes this one of the greatest avenues in the world as well as the center of all that makes Chicago an international destination while here!
- Shopping - Live large and shop at all the best designer stores, from Burberry and Coach to H&M and Macy’s! You can find almost any gifts, books, or clothing apparel you could imagine on the Mile!
- Dining - This shopping district is a melting pot of global flavors that will allow you to find anything you want to please your palate, from ethnic and gourmet cuisine to fast food and casual dining.
Navy Pier - The Navy Pier is the #1 leisure destination in the Midwest and offers your group plenty of fun, exciting, and relaxing opportunities throughout its spacious boardwalk setup. Enjoy the natural beauty of the lakefront, the urban beauty of the iconic city skyline, ride popular carnival-like rides, or continue eating and shopping your afternoon away here at one of Chicago’s most important historic landmarks!
- Navy Pier Park - Navy Pier Park is jam-packed full of fun, from the remote control boat races, mini-golf rounds, exciting Wave Swinger, or ever-famous ride to the top of the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel for that perfect view or photo opportunity!
- Crystal Gardens - Be amazed by this indoor, 1-acre, 6-story glass atrium full of botanical bliss. Stroll around the over 80 live palm, tropical foliage, and leaping fountains and take in the serene, peaceful break from the Navy Pier hustle and bustle!
Oak Street Beach - Oak Street Beach is Chicago’s popular summer hotspot near Streeterville with an absolutely spectacular view of the city skyline. This is one of the most popular and fashionable beaches, but at the same time one of the more less crowded, spacious beaches available in Chicago. Enjoy the best of both worlds here as you have fun swimming and splashing away in the sun and sand while still being very close to all the urban action!
- Recreation - Enjoy an amazing plethora of activity here at Oak Street, including volleyball courts, inline skating areas, bike rentals, distance swimming courses, a chess pavilion, and many lakefront trails and space to throw a football or frisbee!
- Food - If you’re hungry you’re in for a treat as you have the option to dine at a scenic beachside bistro with classic American grub and a perfect outdoor vista.
Millennium Park - Millennium Park is the state-of-the-art collection of architecture, landscape design, and art in central Chicago that serves as the backdrop for hundreds of free cultural programs, concerts, exhibitions, and family events daily. Enjoy the iconic landmarks, gardens, and gorgeous scenery as you stroll around one of our nation’s largest urban parks (25 acres).
- Lurie Garden - Lurie Garden is a 5-acre ‘city in a garden’ feature that features several gorgeous perennials, hardwood footbridges, and shallow sparkling pools throughout!
- The Bean - Officially called Cloud Gate, the aptly named Bean is a massive stainless steel Chicago city icon that provides a great mirror like surface to see the city skyline in!
- Jay Pritzker Pavilion - With such eye-popping architecture it’s hard to miss this outdoor bandshell, site of many free and popular concerts in Chicago.
Hard Rock Cafe -End your busy but oh-so-fun Chicago field trip at the local Hard Rock Cafe, the only place in the city to find loud rock-n-roll, funky decor, music history and memorabilia, and truly great food all at once! Catch up on some rocking musical history while eating great grub with a dash of Chicago flavor in every bite!